Thursday, November 1, 2012

Hurricane Sandy

so last night I got my power back. so sad. I never experienced anything like this. and it isnt even that I'm in bad shape because our worst situation is we lost all our food in the fridge and a few shingles on our house. Friends of mine lost their house where water went all throughout the first floor. lost their brand new car. people dying in seaside or LBI. its just sad and crazy, who would have thought this would happen.

For the first time I'm seeing these pictures. My iPhone was working but very very slow connection. Gas lines are still insane where half the stores around have no power. Just annoys me when I listen to Jersey 101.5 and I hear some guy calling up criticizing the pole workers because they do not see them or that they see some trucks at a five guys eating. these guys work non stop and they deserve a break. Seeing all these trucks driving around from other states (electric companies) felt so great to see others helping out. and with all the politics around it felt great how a huge republican (Christie) and democrat (Obama) came together as people. I respect them both so much. Just catching a news glimpse tonight but listening to christie on the radio the past few days i'm happy he is governor (even with everything with teaching)...and he has been saying that Obama has been handling this all well... but anyway makes me mad how that guy on the radio complains of no power meanwhile you have some without homes. TREES ARE STILL ON TOP OF HOUSES and wires are still down and you have this jerk complaining of no power



Sorry for ranting, I'm just so devasted hearing about this I guess because it is all in my backyard. I used to go to seaside almost everyday in the summer to either walk the boardwalk or go to Midway cheesesteaks...Midway was the place Christie talked about as the free standing sausage place that just was gone.(EDIT! IT HAS SURVIVED CONTRARY TO REPORTS I SAW A PICTURE IT IS THERE!) they made the best worst cheesesteaks for like 7 bucks...you get a steakum with velvetta cheese sauce on a 6 inch sub... it was so good somehow. or you go to the rides. The log flume and the rollercoaster that is in the water, I remember it as a little kid and now it is gone.

All these questions go through my mind like on LBI is fantasy island still there? (arcade) or the Chegg (local legend dive) or what about Old Barney the lighthouse.(just saw a video of it standing strong...so happy about this)... its just sad. Today someone I know who works for Wawa was saying that they were using snow plows to get the sand off the streets. It's just crazy. Also up in point...we took my brothers wedding pictures there... areas are gone. So many people I know are now out of work, I know some people that were able to access seaside because of work and the photos they took are awful

sorry for the long rant...just everything I've been thinking.. I cant wait to drive over to seaside or lbi to just see the place..it'll be weeks from now but geez, its going to be so emotional...I hope they don't find anymore bodies. here are some pictures, the first two are from a house on my street. The others are just memories that are now so damaged it's crazy
[Image: EA5FF82F-5A42-4495-9AC8-A129AE75BA96-193...BE31D6.jpg]
[Image: E769C6C3-DF96-4059-8180-900029BCC774-193...165F41.jpg]
[Image: LogFlume.jpg]
[Image: Giraffe.jpg]
see the giraffe in the upper left. That is a rooftop mini golf course. They had objects like the giraffe and a gorilla and a zebra. I'm surprised it is still standing which is weird. but once I got a hole in one on the final hole. celebrate so crazily when I was 18 haha 
[Image: 8866975_600x338.jpg]
so many memories with my friends when I was in high school from the boardwalk

This morning somebody posted this on facebook

Seaside

see everyone on Monday...

No comments:

Post a Comment