Friday, September 14, 2012

The Beginning

My future classroom.


See those students up there? Of course you do!  I have no idea who they are but what I do know is they are holding the iPad.  Wherever I get a job, my students are going to be taught with technology as much as I can.  Many schools today are implementing a BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) policy at schools.  No more scoliosis for Suzy because these tablets weigh less than two pounds!  Many textbook companies such as McDougal-Littel are digitizing there heavy books into these tablets.  It is not only a textbook but as you open the app you are able to take notes and bookmark important pages.  It is not just boring 2D text that we had ten years ago.  These chapters are filled with amazin videos such as a demonstration on how the Huey Helicopter was able to fly so low during Vietnam!  We are finally able to bring history alive and bring the excitement to our student's fingertips.

Class on Monday the 10th felt great.  It was exciting to be back in the classroom.  I'm eager to learn new ways to get information out there and I would love to show the ideas that I have.  The set up of the class is great as well.  It has a laid back atmosphere that makes me feel comfortable.  As soon as I read the syllabus I started to think of ways I wanted to fill up my 50 "other" points.  I don't want to reveal them yet, but check back on this blog a few times a week to see some of my ideas or what my other points will consist of!


1 comment:

  1. I wish that using technology in high school was an option. Maybe I wouldn't be so technologically challenged.:)I think it is amazing how my 11 year old is more trained and disciplined in using some of the social media and other tools than I. They are the "ikids" generation.
    http://www.21stcenturyschools.com/what_is_21st_century_education.htm

    The link posted goes into more depth about how technology has increased the urge to want to learn more as well as productivity.

    ReplyDelete