Saturday, September 22, 2012

ProProfs, Evernote, and Yankees...oh my!

September is coming to a close and to some it is football season.  To me... baseball playoffs begin!

On Monday in class, it was great to see how Wimba worked.  I very much enjoyed it.  I am considering whether or not to come to class on Monday.  I don't feel like getting gas to drive down but I like the interaction with the class.

ProProfs was an awesome tool to learn.  This allows students to go home and take a quiz without being under pressure in class.  Sometimes I wonder how grades would be if students didn't take exams around 25 other kids.  I know a few of my friends have told me that when they are around others, they just cannot concentrate when taking an exam.  It's a shame that they have to feel like this, but this is where ProProfs can help us.  However, students can be at home looking up answers as they take the test.

My contract is coming along pretty well.  I think I know exactly what I want to do, but I kind of want to throw a wildcard idea in there.  I want to go to the school where I student taught and teach the History department about Evernote.  Evernote is an amazing app that helps you take all your notes to every digital object that you own.  It is available on computers, smartphones, and tablets!  This will come in handy when it is time for a midterm.  Teachers always work together on the midterm and can create a secure account on Evernote.  One teacher can write in this virtual notebook, starting to write questions and then save it right in the application.  Instantaneously, another teacher can log in at their home and see how the midterm has been updated.  Notes for school can also be shared by email, Facebook, or Twitter.  A student may forget their notes to study, but if you are on Evernote you can share them right to the class Twitter page.

Well it is 12:50... time for the Yankees game. Lets go!


No comments:

Post a Comment